Wednesday, May 14

helloo!
Wow. This feels incredibly awkward. I don't really know how to start it off so I'll just shoot from where I am. It's been a crazy month and a bit so far. After settling in with my second host-family, I've finally started to really enjoy school and life in Japan. I don't feel so outsider-ish anymore. A general day in Japan consists of waking up incredibly early (6:15) and leaving the house by 7am to catch the train. It takes around forty five minutes to get to school, including hiking up the massive school-hill. I won't go into so much detail about school, but I can assure you; it's very, very different to Australia.

Lately, lunch times have been filled up with Gakupa practice. (a cross between dance and cheerleading.) The girls are very obedient and well co-ordinated. It has taken me weeks just to understand the first couple of steps. Luckily, mid-term exams are on right now, and we don't have Gakupa practice. eheh. :)
One of the things I love about Japan is the TV shows. Everynight there seems to be some sort of hilarious game show, or cheesy drama. There's not much I can understand except when there's subtitles. A couple of nights ago there was a comedy-thing and this guy was singing 'hanage is freedom!' [hanage = nosehair.] on a little guitar. :D hm. Also Atsuhime, Zettai Kareshi and Hana Kimi (thanks del.)

I'll just put up pictures for the rest of this. I'm sure it's a lot more interesting than reading me blabber. :)

Ohanami matsuri. Beaaaautiful sakuras. :)


Pole Wiener Sausages. I couldn't help it. I had them on the first night. (also Natou!)

My very own obentou box. :) Oishisou

Takako-chan's [pictured in the background] energy drink. If you can't read Japanese, the drink is called "Arina-min V" hehehe.


Kiyo-mizu dera in Kyoto. A very happy Alina. {My former host-sister Akiko in the green.}


This one's for you, Amanda. I had to DRAG Banana to take the picture with me. we love you.


Maiko with my host family. :)

Joke, Banana, Eri and I with Morimoto Sensei on campus. Fun, fun lesson.


Superball at my first Danjiri festival! Akiko is like a rocket. The first time we played superball (you have to scoop little balls into the bowl with a paper-net sor to thing) she got around 60 and I got about 4. I really, really suck at it. [I am also wearing a I <3 Japan shirt.]

Akiko and I in Yukatas. :) They were so comfy. I wish I could wear a Yukata everyday.

Himeji castle. It's beautiful on the outside, but inside it was pretty plain.

I thought this was funny. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home